Audio length: 1hour
Transcript Length: 26 pages, pdf format
You will need Acrobat Reader software to be able to read or print this pdf transcript. If you don't have Acrobat, you can download it for free from the Internet.
Jini Says: Dr. Mate is one of those fabulous minds who jump around everywhere and so make connections that most people miss. The wisdom and insights (and practical methods of assessing and getting to the root of issues, symptoms, etc.) that he shares with us on this call, have already caused a profound shift in my life. I've also read his book twice and I recommend it in the bibliography of my books. He is such a sincere, decent person and he is refreshingly vulnerable about his own process and journey. This teleseminar is truly a gift from God. If you've had stubborn symptoms, or unhappiness, frustration, etc. that you just can't shift, then this could be your answer.
Dr. Mate's wisdom and insights (and practical methods of assessing and getting to the root of issues, symptoms, etc.) that he shares with us on this call, have already caused a profound shift in my life. Here is just a smidgen of the things we talked about:
- What specific patterns, thoughts and beliefs have you noticed are common with people with IBD and IBS?
- How can we change unhealthy behaviour patterns if they are part of our core personality, or if we actually enjoy being that way?
- Is it correct that the nervous system controls inflammation in the gut? If so, what conditions are going to make the nervous system produce inflammation?
- A big risk factor for all kinds of illness is "the repression of anger" (pg. 86 of "When The Body Says No"). What forms does this take? What's the difference between suppression and repression. And is there any difference according to which way you express your anger - do different methods of expression result in a negative or positive consequence on our health?
- What causes hormonal migraines?
- What's the link between the throat and the internal anal sphincter?
- What can you do if your gut is telling you to do one thing, but your spouse's gut is telling them to do something else? How can you still maintain your health in that situation?
- The difference between your core personality and your adopted, or acquired personality.
- How loss of control, or not feeling in control, results in the stress response, which results in illness.
And so much more.
This podcast is truly a gift from God. If you've had stubborn symptoms, or unhappiness, frustration, etc. that you just can't shift, then this could be your answer.
About Dr. Mate:
Gabor Mate, MD, is the internationally bestselling author of When The Body Says No - which has been translated into 7 different languages.
Dr. Mate ran a private family practice in East Vancouver for over 20 years. He was also the Medical Coordinator of the Palliative Care Unit at Vancouver Hospital for 7 years.
Currently, he is the staff physician at the Portland Hotel, a residence and resource centre for the people of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. Many of his patients suffer from mental illness, drug addiction and HIV, or all three.
Note: After purchasing, you will be sent an email with download instructions for the MP3 audio recording and the PDF written transcript.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.